This page is intended to be a guide to events outside Cambridge that Round people might want to attend.
Note that a Ceilidh is probably like the Round Ceilidhs, a Dance an event organised by a dance club, more like a Round meeting, a Playford Ball a more formal dance (long dresses / ties), mostly Playford-style dances. A Contra dance is approximation to the American equivalent of Ceilidh. If you don't understand what any other dances (Scottish, French, ...) are then you probably are not interested in going to them.
- The English Folk Dance and Song Society holds dances and ceilidhs at Cecil Sharp House in London. The series run by the London Barndance Company is popular with members of the Round.
- Bedford Fine Companions Folk Dance Club hold a dance with invited caller and band every two months. Their dances are held in Newnham Middle School, Polhill Avenue, Bedford. MK41 9DT, 7.30 - 11
- Staplers Folk Dance Club in Hitchin hold dances two or three times a year.
- Friday Folk hold dances once or twice a year at the Francis Bacon School, Drakes Drive, St Albans, AL1 5AR, 7.45-11.30.
- Unicorn Ceilidhs are held in the Hitchin Town Hall, Brand St, Hitchin. 8 - 11:30
- Coventry Zesty Playford hold dances with live music at Canley Community Centre near the A45 Coventry bypass.
Members of the Round who go to such events are often willing to provide transport for students. Ask around at a weekly Round meeting if there's an event you want to go to.[hide]Bedford Fine Companions dances are held in Newnham Middle School, Polhill Avenue, Bedford. MK41 9DT 7.30 - 11
Friday Folk dances are at the Francis Bacon School, Drakes Drive, St Albans, AL1 5AR 7.45-11.30
(except, like the Cis Hinkle one, when they are at Verulam School, Brampton Road, St Albans, AL1 4PR) London Barn Dance dances are at Cecil Sharp House, London, NW1 7AY 8-11
Roundabouters dances are held in the Methodist hall, Sish Lane, Stevenage. 7.30 - 11
Staplers dances are held at the Priory School, Bedford Road, Hitchin, SG5 2UR. 7.30 - 11
Unicorn Ceilidhs are held in the Hitchin Town Hall, Brand St, Hitchin. 8 - 11:30