This page contains links to some sites that list the notation (dance instructions) for various dances. It no longer provides links for individual dances as they are difficult to keep up to date and frustrating when they are out of date. Please report broken links on this page to email@example.com.
Google is sometimes helpful for finding specific dances. You may also find Hugh's dance index of interest. It is an index of published dances, searchable on title, publication and author. It doesn't give instructions for any dances but it may be useful in tracking them down.
- Palmer's Pocket Playford is an aide memoire summary by William Palmer of dances from the Playford Ball programmes as arranged by The Round.
- Childgrove has videos and descriptions for many popular English country dances, and contra, square and morris dances too.
- There are instructions for many more English country dances at http://ottawaenglishdance.org/playford/doku.php?id=dance_instructions_index
- and a few at http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~eowyn/3LF/duple.minor.html.
- Thomas Green has a collection of English Barn Dances (Ceilidh dances)
- Here's another useful list of ceilidh dances.
- Cambridge Contra has a list of contra dances with descriptions.
- Michael Dyck also has a database of contra dances.
- Contra choreographers often put their dances on their websites e.g. http://ravitz.us/dance/.